Not an emergency?
24hr Emergency plumbing & drain service No callout charges
0800 70 71 72
By Drain Doctor on 21/08/2017
The well being of your drains won’t likely cross your mind in your day-to-day life. When you discover your drains are clogged, however, not only will you pay attention, but you’ll also be forced to address the problem, and fast. Thankfully, drain cleaning is a Drain Doctor Plumbing “top service!” Check out this helpful guide and remember to give Drain Doctor Plumbing a call when your drains need cleaning.
Keeping your drains clear and clean is essential in both home and business settings, but do you know the warning signs of a clogged drain? Familiarising yourself with the warning signs will help you recognise them and take action before it becomes a problem.
If you notice…
- Water begins to back up out of a sink drain
- Pools of water form around shower drains
- Water drains very slowly after forming pools
- Toilet water bubbles when you run the sink
- Drain makes gurgling sounds (most common after running washing machine/dishwasher)
- Pools of water form on floor close to the bathtub or a sink
- There is a smell of rotting food coming from the kitchen sink area
Sound familiar? Your drain may be clogged!
Look out for these warning signs in the following places:
- Your kitchen: The drains in your kitchen are susceptible to blockage caused by soaps, fats and grease.
- Your bathroom: In the bathroom, hair, soap and toothpaste may be the clogged drain culprit.
- If there are women with long hair in the house, a hairy shower drain is nearly inevitable at some point!
- Your laundry room: Dirt, debris and lint can prevent the drains in your laundry room from being as clean as they should be.
For business settings in particular, drain blockage can be caused by things like soap residue and FOGs (fats, oils and grease). It is imperative that a business puts its best face forward in order to be successful, and clogged drains are not part of this equation!
Do you know what to do when a “drain emergency” strikes at a place of business? Make sure you give your plumber this information:
- Which parts of the building are affected
- If the toilets are flowing normally
- The colour of the water
- If there’s any debris in the water
With the proper upkeep, your drain will remain clean and clear. If for some reason they don’t, a friendly Drain Doctor technician is up for the task!
Here’s what you can you expect from a Drain Doctor Plumbing technician:
- Around the clock availability
- Guaranteed workmanship
- Plumbing expertise
- A uniformed, professional appearance
- A smiling face!
Are you ready to hand over your drain cleaning needs to a trusted professional? Give your local Drain Doctor Plumbing a call today.