Not an emergency?
24hr Emergency plumbing & drain service No callout charges
0800 70 71 72
By Eloise Evans on 02/09/2016
Everyone loves a good life hack, and we have some great ones for your bathroom. Whether it’s for cleaning or organisation, you can sort your bathroom out without breaking the bank! Here are our top 10 bathroom life hacks!
- Lemon Juice: If you are having trouble with limescale in your bathroom, then lemon juice will aid in this! If you simply cut a lemon in half and rub the juice over the affected area, leave for a couple of minutes and then rinse.
- Vinegar: This life hack is also good for limescale, but treats rust at the same time. Pop the shower head in some distilled vinegar and let it soak for a while and this should tackle any stubborn rust and limescale. A prevention method to help stop a build-up of rust in your shower would be to open the shower curtain at both ends when not in use to help with airflow.
- Baby Wipes: These bad boys can be a great help when trying to clean up the surfaces in your bathroom. They not only give you a shiny finish, they also leave your bathroom smelling fresh. BUT do not flush them! They will leave your toilet clogged, and that’s not a problem you need!
- Coca-Cola: Although we put this inside our bodies, it is actually a pretty fantastic toilet cleaner. Pour some of this down your toilet and leave overnight and you will have sparkly toilets in the morning. The acidity in Coca-Cola cuts straight through grease and grime that lingers on your toilet, so give it a go!
- Bicarbonate of Soda: This traditional remedy can be used for a variety of things, including removing stains on countertops and sinks and unblocking drains. To unblock drains you simply pour half a cup of bicarbonate of soda and half a cup of vinegar down the drain, cover with a damp cloth for 5 minutes and then flush out with boiling water. To make a multi-purpose cleaner you will need a spray bottle, white vinegar, bicarbonate of soda and some water. Pour 1/3 cup of white vinegar and two tablespoons of the bicarbonate of soda in the spray bottle – fill the rest with water and ta-da! A great, chemical free multi-purpose cleaner.
- Coat Hooks: Instead of using a plain old towel rail, you could hang up coat hooks to leave your towel to dry. This is especially handy in shared bathrooms with children or roommates and adds some character to your bathroom.
- Magnets: One of the many annoying things about a bathroom is having hair grips scattered all over. Even if they seem organised, they normally aren’t. However, if you add a magnetic strip somewhere in your bathroom, they can then all stay there without getting misplaced.
- Bookshelf: If you are struggling for storage space in a small bathroom, you can actually put a book shelf above the door frame and voila! You have some extra storage space in an unused area.
- Towel Rails: If you need more than one towel rail but don’t have space for them, you can also add multiple towel rails onto the back of the bathroom door.
- Spice Racks: If you are tight for space on your bathroom counter, you can always hang a spice rack or two over the counter to place things like hairspray, toothpaste etc. to keep these small objects off your counter and keep it uncluttered.
If you are needing any advice or want to remodel your bathroom to update it, the experts here at Drain Doctor are always here to lend a hand!
Photo Source: Freepik