Not an emergency?
24hr Emergency plumbing & drain service No callout charges
0800 70 71 72
By Drain Doctor on 04/05/2016
Spring is the perfect time for landlords to review their properties and sort out any issues with plumbing and drainage that may have cropped up over the winter months. If you are a landlord we have some tips for you:
- The boiler and heating system may have been working overtime during the colder months, so to help mitigate future issues consider undertaking a timely service of the system.
- If the property has the benefit of air-conditioning, get the units checked now so they are fully operational when the temperatures rise.
- Gutters and downpipes should be cleared of leaves and debris.
- Check that drains and soakaways are clear and free-running. If not, check your agreement with your tenant as it is likely that they will share some responsibility for having them cleared.
- If there is an outdoor pool in the property, now is the time to open it, top it up, clear any debris and make sure the chemicals are level, so it is in full working order by the summer.
Make sure your tenants always keep an eye on the property and report maintenance issues in a timely manner. If in the course of your spring clean you do happen to notice anything untoward, give #DrainDoctor a call on 0800 70 71 72